I’ve created this blog to document the progress of a project I’m under taking with the new .Net 3.0 technologies. I’ve decided to create a Windows game of an old board game by Leading Edge of the Aliens movie. You can read more about it here.
Today, I’ve spent uninstalling the Beta 2 of .Net 3.0 from my dev machine, and installing the new Release Candidate.
I’ve got a basic plan which needs fleshing out abit:
- Identify the game objects
- Create a State Machine with the WF for each of the objects where needed
- Create a Sequential Workflow for the main game flow (not sure about this one)
- Create a nice basic Winform GUI
- Transistion to a nice Windows Presentation Foundation GUI
- Look at making the game network friendly with Windows Communication Foundation
So, that’s my aim. I’ve no idea how long it’s going to take, but it should be interesting. I’ll probably do weekly updates, depending on progress and whether anybody actually reads this 🙂